Waterproof LED Strip lights are not a new concept and have been around for some time now. However, there’s still a lot of confusion and uncertainty about what they can do and how to use them right. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps that will help get the most out of your waterproof LED strip lights, no matter what brand or type you buy.
Use The Right Power Supply
If you plan to use waterproof strip lights, one of the most important tips is to use a power supply that is compatible with them. This means making sure it has enough wattage, voltage and current for your strip lights.
- Wattage: The wattage of the power supply should match or exceed the wattage of your LED strips. If not, there’s a good chance that the strips will pulse or flash, the power supplies lifetime can also be reduced.
- Voltage: The voltage should also be matched by your LED strips so they don’t burn out prematurely.
- Current: Last but not least on our list of things to check when choosing a power supply is its current rating (or amperage). Make sure this matches or exceeds what’s required by your LED light strips too!
Choose A Controller With Care
Before you buy your Waterproof Strip lights, you should consider the controller. Controllers are used to control the brightness, and also the colour of RGB/W strip. Your choice of controller will have a big impact on how easy it is to set up and use your LED strip lights. You want a controller that is compatible with the type of strip light you are using.
- Compatibility: The best way to ensure that your controller is compatible with all of your strip lights is by purchasing one with an input voltage range that includes the voltage rating on each individual LED in that product line. Choose a controller with an input voltage range from 12V to 24V DC.
- Programming: Most controllers come preprogrammed out of the box but some do not have any preset programs preinstalled into them yet so make sure this doesn’t happen before purchasing one! If there aren’t any preset programs available out of box then try looking at reviews about programming difficulty levels because this may help determine if what kind of user experience someone had when setting theirs up initially.
Think Carefully About The Brand You Use
The first thing you need to do is think carefully about the brand you use. You want to look for a company that has a good reputation, a track record of quality products and customer service, and an excellent warranty.
Buying from a reputable brand will ensure that your lights are reliable, high quality and long lasting. If you buy cheap, lower quality strips and they fail after just one year then it will be very hard on your wallet because they will need to be replaced again very soon after their first installation.